I want to start off by saying, “I LOVE STAINLESS STEEL COOKWARE!” I come from a family of restaurateurs. We are accustomed to using stainless steel cookware in the business and now will use nothing else at home. Non-stick cookware sets may be something you’ve thought of purchasing, but let’s look at another great option, the Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set.
This 12-piece stainless steel cookware set includes saucepans in 1.5 quart and 3-quart size. Two skillets are included, an 8-inch and a 10-inch skillet. An 8-quart stockpot with steamer insert and 3-1/2 quart sauté pan rounds out this great cookware set. Lids are included to fit each piece. Cuisinart has assured all your cooking needs are met in this cookware set.
Advantages of the Cuisinart MultiClad Pro Cookware
- Stainless steel construction, which means it’s easy to clean. Not only that, but it’s made of tri-ply 18/10 stainless steel. This is the best grade of stainless steel for cookware. The numbers mean that the steel contains 18% chromium and 10% nickel. The Cuisinart MCP-12 MultiClad Pro cookware is thicker than almost all its competitors, closely rivaling All-Clad.
- Has a brushed exterior and mirror-finish interior, this cookware set is a fitting addition to any modern kitchen. But it doesn’t just sit there looking pretty. TheCuisinart MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set[/easyazon-link] is ready for any cooking challenge.
- I like the fact that this cookware distributes heat so well. Stainless steel is a notoriously poor conductor of heat. The MultiClad Pro has an aluminum core sandwiched between two layers of
- I am thrilled by the fact that the handles stay cool even while cooking, although they do heat up after some time on the burner. And the fact that the handles are solid and securely riveted to the body of the cookware is another plus. Flimsy, shaky handles make me nervous, especially when the pot is full of hot food. The handles are also ergonomic in shape and angle, making it easier to move, flip or shake the pan.
- This stainless steel cookware has even more features to make a cook happy. It is dishwasher safe, so cleanup is a breeze. It’s also oven safe up to 500F. You can brown or sear meat on the stove top and pop the whole thing in the oven to finish cooking.
- The MultiClad Pro is a medium heavy weight and well-balanced. You don’t have to worry that the pans will tip over easily as some cookware does, especially when they are empty.
- The cookware comes with lids that happen to be interchangeable. You can even use the lids on the skillet. They fit well but provide enough room for steam to escape.
- The Cuisinart MultiClad Pro has even more value-added qualities. Unlike most other cookware, even the more expensive ones, it has rolled edges that prevent sauces and liquids from dribbling down the sides of the pan. It can also be used on induction ranges.
I prefer to wash the MultiClad Pro Stainless by hand. It’s super-easy to get sparkling clean. Usually all that’s required is hot soapy water and a few swishes with a sponge. For more stubborn stains, Bar Keepers Friend will usually do the trick.
The vast majority of consumers rate the MultiClad Pro Cookware 5 stars. It continues to receive rave reviews.
Here’s a sample of what customers are saying:
- “I’ve owned this 12 piece set for over a year, and can’t offer enough praise.”
- “Cuisinart Multi Clad isn’t as good as All Clad; IT’S BETTER!”
- “I’ve had this set for almost 10 years of heavy use now and still love them.”
Want More Opinions? Read More Customer Reviews HERE
Comparing non-stick cookware and stainless steel cookware, the only advantage the former has is that food does not stick to the pots or pans. In all other aspects, stainless steel cookware wins, hands down. You can easily brown or roast food in a stainless steel skillet. You can’t do this with a non-stick pan. Stainless steel cookware is also safer because it does not have any toxic coating that could peel off and get in the food. And, did you know that people with birds as pets are warned not to cook in non-stick pans due to the toxic fumes that have led to many a bird’s demise. Just think what it could be doing to your family!
Compared to other stainless steel cookware, Cuisinart MultiClad Pro works better than a lot of other brands. The cookware heats evenly and allows you to cook delicious meals. It’s easy to clean up, and looks beautiful on the stove top or on your shelves.
It’s a great product at an amazingly affordable price.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!